These Terms & Conditions apply to all Online, SMS and Mobile services offered by my247 through this website, and associated sites. Your access to these services is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with the terms & conditions, contained in this document and elsewhere on my247. Your use of, and/or access to, my247 websites and mobile services constitutes your agreement to these Terms & Conditions.
my247 reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. Since you are bound by these Terms & Conditions, you should periodically refer to them in this document.
Copyright & Intellectual Property
Unless explicitly stated, all content on my247 websites and mobile services is Copyright my247. The Content is protected by Australian and International copyright and trademark laws. Content on my247 is published in real-time, and you must not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit or distribute this Content in any way except as expressly provided for on my247 or expressly authorised in writing by my247 or its Partners. You must not use my247 or its Content in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or in any manner which violates any right of my247 or a Partner or which is prohibited by these Terms & Conditions.
my247 takes all reasonable care to ensure that the details on its websites and mobile services are correct, however many details are added directly by users and the venues themselves, and venues are continually closing, moving and re-opening. Please confirm the suitability of the venue before setting off, as my247 is not liable for any expenses or damages incurred by you as a result of information on this website
My247 contains electronic bulletin boards, chat rooms, forms, e-mail addresses and other services which provide for feedback by users to my247 and its clients, real-time interaction between users, and other electronic messaging services. It is a condition of your use of any of these services, and your access to my247 that you do not do any of the following:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying any part of my247;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or material of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- post or transmit any material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or relevant right holder;
- post or transmit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component; post, transmit or in any way exploit any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising; delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded; or
- download any file posted by any other user of a Forum if you know, or reasonably ought to know, that the file cannot legally be distributed in such manner.
my247 may from time to time monitor or review the contents of its services. While my247 reserves its right to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information and/or materials (in whole or in part) that in my247's sole discretion is in any way objectionable or in violation of any applicable law or the Terms & Conditions, my247 has no obligation whatsoever to monitor any of its services, or to edit, delete or refuse to post such contents, nor is my247 responsible for any contents in any of its services. You expressly acknowledge and agree that my247's services provide a means of public and not private communications. my247 reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone posting any materials which violate any applicable or relevant law.
User licence to my247
By placing any information or other material on my247 (including posting messages, uploading files/photos/video, inputting data or engaging in any other form of communication), you grant to my247 a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide licence to do the following in respect of the information or material:
- use, copy, sublicense, redistribute, adapt, transmit, publish and/or broadcast, publicly perform or display, and
- sublicense to any third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted.
The foregoing grant includes the right to exploit all proprietary rights in any such information or other material including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any jurisdiction worldwide. You expressly waive in favour of my247 and any other party authorised by my247 all moral rights and any similar rights in any jurisdiction which you may have or hereafter acquire in respect of any relevant communication or other material. At the request and expense of my247, you will execute and deliver to my247 such instruments and take such other actions as may be required to carry out this grant of licence and waiver.
“Save to my phone” Service
This service allows you to save details of a venue or event to your phone via SMS. Information supplied will be summarized to fit within the SMS format. The text you will receive can be viewed on the website before making your request.
You will be charged AU$0.55 for each use of the “Save to my phone” service. This is charged through your mobile phone carrier's billing system. This covers the transmission of our message to your phone, and includes GST. The cost of your incoming message request is not covered by this service.
What do we collect and why?
my247 collects personally identifiable information when you register for my247 membership, when you use certain my247 products or services, and when you enter promotions or competitions, and purchase items through our shops. my247 may also receive personally identifiable information from our business partners. When you register with a my247 A-List, we ask for your name, email address, birthday, gender, address, and personal interests. Once you register with my247 and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. my247 also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, my247 cookie information, and the page you requested. my247 uses information for three general purposes: to ensure that the advertising and content you see on our pages is most appropriate to our audience, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services - e.g. newsletters, and to contact you about specials and new products.
Who do we tell?
my247 will not
sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone
- as surfers, we feel very strongly about this!. my247 will only send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested, for example to despatch goods won or purchased;
- We need to send the information to companies that work on behalf of my247 to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We need to do so, should the service be sold (see below) such that a new operator of the service is able to continue providing you services you currently receive (newsletters, logins and so on);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate my247 Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
What happens in the event my247 is sold or is shut down?
If the my247 service is sold, then you agree that your membership details will be transferred to the new owner. To remove all your information held by my247 please contact us using the contact form. If the my247 business is shut down then all personally identifiable information will be deleted.
my247 may set and access my247 cookies on your computer. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to my247's cookies.
Your my247 Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas my247 uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.